Teal

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bridal Bonanza

Now that it came and went, I can blog about it…Eva’s Surprise Bridal Shower!

I was uber excited several months ago when Eva asked me to be her maid-of-honor in her wedding this upcoming June. Woohoo! I’ll first start by writing how she asked. We were at the Penrose Diner, where we often meet for breakfast especially near holidays and birthdays to exchange gifts and sometimes just to catch up. I think she was giving me my birthday present – a little belated – and we were celebrating Easter, but maybe my memory should be refreshed. Nonetheless, my final present was an album of pictures from when we first met – ten years ago while pledging ATA at La Salle – spanning until now. A letter was attached to the album detailing our relationship and ending with, “Will you be my maid of honor?”

Oh so sweet! And as September approached, I started the planning process with her five other bridesmaids - each from a special part of her life (college, high school, the school she teaches at, her sis-in-law and fiance's sister). After choosing a month – March, of course – we were set on a timeline. Invitations were finalized in February after two drafts I designed – so much fun! The bridesmaids agreed Adirondack chairs with flops and drinks were perfect for Eva and Mike, especially for how much time they spend at Eva’s parent’s beach house not only during the summer, but throughout the year! Beach with the colors of the chairs – hot pink and lime green – became the shower’s theme! A variation of the image with part of the poem was printed on the cake with “Showers of Happiness” penned alongside. Some beachy things created were the sun, fish and flip-flop cookies I made and sand, made with pudding, cool whip and crushed vanilla wafers topped with bright candy shells and sand dollars. Katie made sand and shell centerpieces with green and blue tealight candles. Flip flop luggage tags were given out as favors and bridal shower bingo was played with some great little prizes for the winners!


I had fun hand making Eva’s Bridal Shower Sign so it was personal and matched our colors! We framed a copy of her invitation and placed it alongside an umbrella, one of her engagement pictures and a plate signed by all of her bridesmaids – we even signed Erica’s name since she couldn’t be there. Mrs. Tierney provided some personal touches by pulling some beach items from their house in OC! Eva’s chair was covered in sheer pink fabric, green and pink lanterns hung from the ceiling, and balloons spiced up the hall – all matching our theme colors! I must apologize for the list reiteration above, but it's late and I couldn't think of another way right now.

I should also mention that our food was tropical themed as well featuring some tasty treats such as tropical fruit salad, jerk chicken kebobs, cranberry wild rice and more!




Everything turned out lovely the day of and I must say even the weather cooperated! But, the EXTRA-SPECIAL gift Eva received was the best part – the reason why I saved it for last! The birth of her first nephew - born a few weeks early at 4:30 a.m. on the morning of her shower – was the icing on the cake! Mom and fellow bridesmaid, Erica, which is why she wasn’t at the shower, and baby Peyton are doing wonderful according to today's reports!

Check out a few images of the fun surprise events and gift opening below! Whew...now onto the bachelorette party...
The final touches of a true Bridal Shower - all of the bows have to be compiled into a hat! Eva just loved it! Congrats and I'm just thankful we pulled off the surprise with all that was going on Friday and Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment