Teal

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Parisi

So, it’s been a busy couple of weeks with Gina and Mike’s Wedding, Memorial Day and Eva’s Bachelorette party filling up the past few weekends! But, instead of honoring them all at once, I figured it might be better to write three separate shorter blogs packed with pictures of some of life's greatest moments.


I’ll start with Gina and Mike’s beautiful wedding.

I first met Gina during our summer GEMS (Girls Excelling in Math and Science) program at Goretti before the start of our freshman year. That summer, a handful of us would walk over to Gina's house to go swimming (this I remember) and stop at my house to mess up my mom's pillows just to see if she noticed! She did (lol). Soon, we all became great friends taking trips to Cosi and enjoying proms and our high school years together.

As some of us ventured off to the same college - La Salle of course - a few of us even lived together. It was during our senior year that Gina was introduced to Mike and they soon became friends. Fast forward several years and we were all delighted to celebrate their nuptials on May 21, 2010 at St. Richard's Church in South Philadelphia. A lavish reception filled with hours of mingling, eating, dancing and celebrating at the Ballroom at the Ben in Center City followed. 

Dating for the past four and a half years, I must say I enjoyed watching Gina and Mike's relationship grow. They are so very in love and such a great duo! It seems like just yesterday I was watching the first moments of their blossoming relationship at Finnigan’s Wake.


As the bridesmaids (dressed in a beautiful eggplant hue), junior bridesmaid and flower girls (so cute!) walked down the aisle, we were gearing up for the main attraction. Then came Gina with her dad in tow - she looked absolutely stunning and sooooo happy! 


After exchanging vows to become Mr. and Mrs., we all headed to center city for the next chapter of fun to begin.


The evening's cocktail hour looked over the dimly lit ballroom's tables adorned with a variety of bright flower arrangements. Before heading to our seats, we picked up our favors - small bottles of Verde champagne with matching labels from the bridal shower. I must say I had flashbacks of our fave beverage from the bachelorette party!  

At the end of night, I enjoyed every aspect of the evening from the announcing of the bridal party and Mr. and Mrs. Parisi to Erin's heartfelt speech and dancing into the wee hours with friends I love! Congratulations to Mike and Gina....I wish you both a wonderful and happy life together forever and always! 
The beautiful ballroom!

Goretti Girls!

Their first dance - so cute!


Dancing with her dad!



Apparently Joe and Michael were talking to each other while Joe was snapping the shot!


Moe and Mar capturing a moment - Joe's parents before the reception!

Cake time!

Centerpieces...one of several designs!

Such the happy couple!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lex! I was just catching up on some of your blogs (they are so cute!) and I wanted to come back and read this one again! Thank you for all of your kind words. I loved reading this! I'm glad you had a good time at the wedding...love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete