Teal

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rehearsal Dinner

Rehearsal for the 'BIG DAY' was held at the Brandywine Country Club followed with delicious dinner at Brandywine Prime. Practice went well even with the long walk to the center of the aisle (I was careful not to fall) and Carmella, the wedding planner, was extremely helpful.

And, even though I don't eat meat (well, I really try to just stick with chicken and turkey), I decided on the Pork Chop at dinner because it was a favorite and something the restaurant was known for. I also learned during my meal that mushrooms are a specialty of the Brandywine Valley and the mushroom-esque menu options looked and tasted wonderful! Some people say rehearsals set the scene for the wedding day and I totally agree. Everyone was chatting and enjoying themselves the entire time.

Bridesmaids: Erica, Rachel, Lauren, Me, Sara, Eva (bride), Heather and Katie

 
Our table included Me, Lauren, Eva, Katie, Hassel, Rachel and Joe
Rachel was apoointed captain!

I had to include a picture of my porkchop...Rachel and I shared (she had the salmon).

Bridesmaids opening their gifts, well one of them...apparently I only have a couple of Rachel opening her gifts so I decided to take separate photos of my thoughtful, absolutely wonderful gifts from my BFF!

So, I should probably mention for those of you who don't know, Eva and I first met while pledging as 'special sisters' in ATA at LaSalle. It was during that second semester of my freshman year, her sophomore year, that the girl who lived down the hall became one of my best friends and has been ever since. I love her and was so glad to be standing next to her as maid of honor on her wedding day. 

Eva gave every one of her bridesmaids something symbolic of how/when/where they met. I received a mini paddle keychain (a set of two - she made a personalized one for each of us) complete with a roll of dimes. Opening this made me instantly crack up since it brought me back to a college AC Moore trip, in which we purchased paddles for our big sisters. Eva paid for her paddle in all coins (hence the roll of dimes). I also thought it was very sentimental and made me think of when we first became friends 10 years ago. 

Knowing I love Vera Bradley, she also was very generous in buying me a black and white large duffle and matching organizer. I love them and CANNOT wait to use them this summer! Thanks E!

No comments:

Post a Comment