Teal

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wedded Bliss

It's been a while...I know. Summer has been flying by and has been filled with tons of Phillies games, some beach time, movies, phone issues and more. So, I've been extremely delayed on actually completing my post on Eva and Mike's beautiful wedding. Here's the abridged or somewhat shorter version....

On the balmy afternoon of June 12, 2010, Eva and Mike became one. That morning, four of the six bridesmaids and Eva awoke to enjoy breakfast at the Hollywood Diner with her parents. After enjoying tasty omelettes, (I was anticipating mine from the morning after the bachelorette party because of Rachel) we headed to Acme to pick up the final ingredients for our afternoon cocktail at the salon. A stop home and flipping through some up-do books, we were ready to take turns having our hair and makeup done for the wedding later that afternoon. I used my spare time snapping action pictures of Eva and Sarah (junior bridesmaid) and I enjoyed the pedicure massage chair without the pedicure – we had them done the morning before.

When the limo picked us up at the salon, we headed back to Eva’s parents for final preparations. After relaxing for a little with some wine, it was soon time to get dressed. I wanted to be one of the first bridesmaids done since I had the task of lacing up Eva’s corset.

As she stepped into the beaded beauty, the photographer stood above – on the bed - capturing snippets of the day. A few of us made sure her grandmother's photo was secure within her dress before Sarah clasped her shoes for the final touch. Set to walk down the stairs to her father, the anticipation was building. With bridesmaids and parents in tow, we headed to the Brandwine Country Club for impending vows and reception. When we arrived, we waited a few minutes before sneaking her into the bridal suite. Before I knew it, we walked down the aisle (with no falls) and Eva and Mike were saying their short, but sweet vows. 

With a few moments to relax before being announced, we were all lined up and ready to go. I must say, at this point, I was becoming a little nervous about my speech.  But Katie was definitely lightening the mood before we walked into the ballroom. And, after the first dances, Hassle and I delivered our speeches and I think we were all ready to PARTAY! 

SALON SHOTS!


FLOWERS


THE WEDDING


Eva's dad giving her away!
Although he was nervous, he did GREAT!


So cute!

PHOTOGRAPHER SHOTS
(taken by Joe, great job!...some are edited, some are not)

MIKE'S FAMILY

PARENTS

EVA'S FAMILY

BRIDAL PARTY SHOTS
Checking out Eva's ring



 
The boys with Eva and girls with Mike...one of my fave pics!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
RECEPTION
 
THE BEAUTIFUL BRIDE AND GROOM


DANCES


SPEECHES

CAKE TIME

GROOM'S CAKE
(MIKE LOVES THE FLYERS!)

Eva's father's 65th birthday was the same day as her wedding....so, it only makes sense that he also deserved a cake...and a little smeared on his face too courtesy of the bride!


RECEPTION SHOTS
(Note: I know my tan lines are horrible!)





No comments:

Post a Comment