Teal

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Holiday Favorites

Now that the holidays and new year have come and gone or are here in regards to 2011, I think it's the perfect time (maybe a little late) to share two of my favorite, more creative gifts I gave this year. I wanted to be more personal in what I was giving and to be somewhat unique at the same time.
For the two sets of newlyweds to whom we gave gifts - Maia and Freddy and Eva and Mike - I LOVED the idea of buying something personalized with the couple's new last name. After receiving the Personal Creations catalogue in the mail, I thought some of the ideas were perfect gifts. And, although I didn't take photos, here is a photo of the canvas plaque we bought Mike and Eva from the Personal Creations website.  Maia also texted me a photo of their mat outside their front door - too cute!
The canvas plaque read "Grider." I thought - yes, I may be partial - that these gifts were unique and something both couples could use in the future.

Ornament Canvas

One of my other favorite holiday gift ideas came from the Moms By Heart website. After reading about "Gifts in a Jar," I thought they were once again unique and something that involved thought and effort. The Cranberry Hootycreek Cookies, which I renamed Cranberry Chocolate Pecan Cookies - I thought the name seemed simpler - were super easy to put together. I purchased the 32 oz. Ball mason jars at AC Moore while the main ingredients were picked up at Nuts to You (dried cranberries, chopped pecans and white chocolate chips) and the others can be found at any local supermarket. Making six jars used approximately 1/2 lb. of each of the above ingredients and turned out to look super cute after adding in a festive ribbon around the middle and a simple recipe tag around the rim. Recipe and photos are below...to warm, homemade cookies!
Cranberry Chocolate Pecan Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt together. Layer the ingredients in order in the 32 oz. mason jar.

The final ingredients are on the tag...Enjoy!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment