Teal

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Eagles vs. Browns

After being given tickets to the August 25th preseason Eagles game (my first), I was super excited to bring my niece, Olivia, along for the fun. Although it rained during the majority of the day and night, we were able to catch a good hour and a half of the festivities.

My dad drove into the city to pick my mom up from work with Olivia and Joseph in tow. I met them after work to grab some dinner on Passyunk Avenue before the game. My parents and I enjoyed pizza and antipasto while Liva enjoyed shrimp scampi and Joseph had some soup at Marra's Cucina Italiano Restaurant, 1734 E. Passyunk Avenue, in South Philly before making our way to the game.

It started to rain again right as we were getting closer to the parking lot, which was included with our tickets! We smuggled a small umbrella into Liva's purse just in case it started to rain - it was a necessity after the game! Entering through the Red Zone Suites, Liva was extremely excited. As a joke, we kept saying "VIP What?" because our tickets said VIP on them. We ventured to our seats, right next to the Xfinity couch, where they were filming mini segments about their proximity to the field. One of the camera men were actually sitting in our seats so we scooted over a little. And, we were two rows from the field to the right of the goalpost - for a first game, even though it was preseason, it was definitely great and an experience for Liva. As the game continued and Vick threw some great passes, I helped her understand the logistics of the sport.

Liva holding her ticket
The scoreboard across the field

Cheerleaders - my friend Tracey is second from the left.

The camera man directly in front of my seat. 
Goalpost 
Xfinity couch - seat #11 was our seat.  

After the rain started, at 9 p.m. like I predicted (love http://www.weather.com/), Liva and I headed out to the entrance and took photos by the compilation decades in which we were born.
1999

1982
(Notice my soaking wet hair, which had to be put into a ponytail because I didn't have a hood like Liv!)

The first decade they had posted.

Lincoln Financial Field sign as we were leaving...rain drops?!

Last year, I attended a special FedEx event at Lincoln Financial Field for work, which included a tour. I figured it would only be appropriate to include some of those photos here. And, I do have some video of LeSean McCoy and Desean Jackson during a Q and A at that event too.





Quintin Mikell's locker space - he hosted The Eye Institute's 2010 "Looking Out for Kids" Charity Fundraiser.




Locker room 



Press Conference Room

FedEx stage where LeSean and DeSean signed autographs.
Not the best photo, the video was much better!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment