Teal

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

From NY to Philly

After making a couple trips up to New York and a trip down to DC and then enjoying my hometown Phillies this past weekend, I couldn't help but pull some oldie but goodie photos from a few years back.

All of these shots are from my time in graduate school in 2007. After my friend, Sally, and I wandered around Manhattan, I took her to experience all of Philadelphia's great highlights. I'm so behind on posts, but when thinking of New York and Philly's historic sites, I often think back of my treks with Sally and couldn't help but post some old photos.



We made a pitstop at Bryant Park for lunch.

And, then visited The Met for some culture.


Serendipity - we loved it there!
Sally and I shared the signature FRRROZEN Hot Chocolate - yum!

I was super excited to show Sally, who originally hails from Idaho, "my city" - Philadelphia! We literally walked around the majority of the city from South Street, where we enjoyed pizza to the Delaware River waterfront and through Center City all the way to Love Park. We even - on a separate trip - ventured over to Camden for a Riversharks game and a trip to Adventure Aquarium! 

The Philly skyline while the Comcast building was still being built.




Liberty Bell - June 2007

Franklin Square Park and Fountain



Betsy Ross House 



City Hall

The "nation's oldest residential street" dates back to the 18th century.




America's Oldest Theatre
(I used to work right across the street at Wills Eye)


Independence Hall




The ceiling at Liberty One!










Camden Riversharks Game

Sally took most of these photos...some of which I have blown up in the past because they are so great!
Thanks Sally!

No comments:

Post a Comment