Teal

Saturday, April 14, 2012

NYC, Newsies, Grand Central and more

I think my favorite thing to blog about is New York. I definitely get behind on the rest of my posts, but after a trip up north to "my home away from home" this past weekend, I couldn't help reliving it just for a little. This weekend's warm weather made for a perfect stroll around Manhattan, Bryant Park and Grand Central after enjoying the musical, Newsies, at the Nederlander Theatre. Our seats were up close and personal - fourth row - and I was extremely impressed with the caliber of on-stage talent. They were extremely energetic and exuded a love of their craft - as a former casting assistant, this was truly great to experience.  

 Following the show, my cousin Jenn and I walked through Bryant Park past Suny's College of Optometry (I had to mention this since I work under the Pennsylvania College of Optometry) for a visit to Grand Central. Jenn read about the whispering gallery and we were sure to make it a trip. Here's the story, if you stand at opposite corners under the archway outside the famous Oyster Restaurant and whisper into the wall, the person on the other end can hear you. And, yes, it's true - I was a non-believer until I heard Jenn's voice as if she was next to me. Apparently, it actually worked and I was super excited.

This photo is from my March trip and first time in Grand Central, but the two of us whispering comes straight from our most recent trip. 
Since our dinner reservations weren't until a little later, at STK Midtown, we decided to make a pit stop in Grand Central for a quick snack. When turning the corner, Jenn mentioned wanting to visit Magnolia Bakery the next time we (she) is in town and then there it was...so our snack was Saturday's signature cupcake - devil's food. Yum! (Side note: I had to text my niece Olivia a picture of my treat since she was the last person I enjoyed a Magnolia Bakery pastry with!)



 Short and sweet!
xoxo
Alexis
  

No comments:

Post a Comment