Teal

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Light Show

Even though I am so not up-to-date on my blogging and have yet to complete Halloween Happenings, I wanted to post these pictures from our little excursion to Macy's in Center City for the Light Show and Charles Dickens Christmas Village today. I have to say first that my day started off extremely well with a tribute mass my Aunt Racheal requested to honor and remember my grandparents - Rose and John DeCicco - who passed away 30 and 31 years ago this fall. They are sadly missed, but loved immensely by all of their children and grandchildren. The memories my aunts, uncles, mom and dad gave today was extremely touching and brought tears to my eyes. And, even though we never met, I have always felt like I've known them (maybe it has to do with all the stories I've heard over the years) and they hold a special place in my heart!
That being said, with less than one week before Christmas to go, I was so happy we had the time and chance to visit the two classic Philadelphia Christmas traditions I mentioned above. We missed a couple of the other favorite stops (City Hall's Christmas Village and trains), but with everything else this weekend entailed, I was just excited to include these two.
The light show and christmas village were firsts for Joe. And, being a light guy (he used to sell lighting and works for an audio, video, lighting and special effects company), the over 99,000 or so LED lights displayed were right up his alley. We also learned more than we expected from the people standing behind us, which was exciting (I love eavesdropping!). Since its early beginnings in the 1950s, improvements have been made to the show each year. Click on the link above to read more about the history of this Philadelphia classic.




The Nutcracker
 I LOVED the train above!


 And, than we rode the escalator up a floor and walked through Charles Dickens Christmas Village and read and watched "A Christmas Carol" unfold. I don't have too many pictures of this part, but I have some videos below of the light show...check them out!



MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment