Teal

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hoover Dam/Grand Canyon (circa 2005)

So, I was going through some old cds of pictures for a project I'm working on and came across some of my Vegas photos from Dec. 2005. And since I planned on re-living my vacation jaunts over the past TEN years in this blog, I thought including these would be PERFECT!

I'll start with saying it was a family vacation. My cousin Jenn and I stayed at Treasure Island, which the travel agent told us was next door (not so next door) to the Bellagio where our parents stayed. We left the day after Christmas and came home the day before New Year's Eve! It was an absolutely wonderful trip - granted I'm relaying this information a little more than four years later. But, I do remember some details. I remember the guy in the seat next to me talking to me for a very long time on the five plus hour plane ride while my cousin acted like she couldn't hear a word as she gazed out the window (love you Jenn). I remember falling asleep on that same plane ride while watching the remake of the Dukes of Hazard starring Jessica Simpson (I guess it wasn't that enthralling)!

Anyway, that Christmas, I bought tickets to the Hoover Dam and Ethel M's Chocolate Factory for my parents and cousin while my brother bought tickets for my aunt and uncle. I knew before making this visit that I wanted to be in two places at once, which I completed at the Hoover Dam. It was also during this trip that we took a very LONG (eight hour) bus ride to see the Grand Canyon after a night out at Studio 54 in MGM. Let's just say I wasn't feeling too well that morning and during most of the bus ride. But, I wouldn't have missed seeing one of the natural wonders of the world for anything! It was magnificent and much larger than I could have ever imagined. Here are some photos from our post-holiday trip. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed seeing them in person.



















This trip was my first visit to the West Coast, but not my last...Joe and I traveled back to Vegas (which included hanging out with some friends this time around) and headed to LA for a few days in 2008! I can honestly say I was ready for another trip the second I set foot back on the east coast...there's just something special about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment