Teal

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Max Brenner

For my actual birthday, I was VERY excited to hit 'Max Brenner - Chocolate by the Bald Man,' 1500 Walnut Street. We followed the motto, 'First Food, Then Chocolate!' I enjoyed The BEST B.A.L.T., which was the classic BLT with a twist (of avocado!) while Joe chose a Kobe Beef burger at the waiter's recommendation. The waffle fries - topped with chili and cocoa powder - were a great addition and a definite HIT to both selections! It was a first time for both of us so we looked for some suggestions - some we took, some we didn't, but these two were perfect. 
I almost forgot to say I started my meal off with a Chocolate Chai drink. To say it was absolutely delicious would be an understatement...it was amazing! The flavor was great and I loved the dispenser - yes, I said I liked how it was served. You placed it on top of the glass and the drink poured out of the bottom. I need to buy one of my own.


We then moved onto dessert, which I always say is the best part of the meal! After having a difficult time making a decision, we chose The Melting Chocolate Truffle Heart Cake and Shake. Served on a ceramic plate resembling chart paper, the cake was super moist and the drizzle of caramel we poured on top made it even more mouth watering. The dollop of ice cream and mini chocolate shake were also great additions.

YUM...As a chocolate lover, this is my kind of place!

We tried to grab a shot with the sign in tow, but this was the nicest one we took...maybe next time we should have someone take it for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment