Teal

Saturday, March 3, 2012

13 Going on 30

"It's cool to have a birthday near yours because we can do things together." 
- From Olivia's hand-made birthday card

Each year, my niece Olivia and I, since our birthdays are only a week apart, generally celebrate together. In years past, the girls - my mom, my sister-in-law, Diane, Olivia and I - have enjoyed Broadway shows and dinner in New York and Philly. This year, although we opted for a place close to home in Jersey, one of the best things about celebrating birthdays is spending time with some of my favorite people - friends and family - and this year, I did both!

"I am blessed to have an aunt like you." 
A line from Olivia's birthday card to me - one of my favorites!

We decided we should go to a place we've never been before and so, after a little bit of searching with my mom, she decided on a cozy little restaurant - Anthony's - in Haddon Heights, NJ. This gem and once converted house along Station Avenue was bigger than we expected and was able to accommodate several large parties on the spacious second floor.
I brought along my new camera for the night and the boys enjoyed taking some shots too, which is why there are multiple pictures - some far and some near, but they had loads of fun.

Olivia being silly when Cameron took a little bit to actually snap the photo!

And again - Diane, Olivia and I.

Birthday Girls 
I honestly can't believe she's 13 - it seems like just yesterday she was the cute little baby pulling my hair when I sat just a little too close to my mom. Time really does fly by and that's just one reason why you should always celebrate, at birthdays, and whenever the mood strikes. 
This post includes some memorable shots of her through the years - so cute.


Chocolate wine (with ice of course!) and birthday cake!


They celebrated two weeks in a row with me - love them.

The boys being silly and really, not being able to sit still!
The boys and their Mom-mom.

Pop!

 More birthday photos and celebrations to come...



"Birthdays are good for you; the more you have, the longer you live!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment