Teal

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sunset Lighthouse Cruise

More than 60 lighthouses line Maine's rocky coast and we had the opportunity to enjoy a wonderful Maine sunset along the Casco Bay just beyond South Portland and Portland. Our boat meandered in between the inner islands such as Ram Island, Cushing Island, Peaks Island, Great Diamond Island and more.
The three-hour, I mean 90 minute cruise was extremely relaxing and peaceful even though I was up and taking a ton of pictures! I wanted to capture the sunset and all of the lighthouses we saw - I hope the pictures below do the islands and Maine, as a whole, justice since it's such a beautiful state.
 Waiting for the Islander - our boat - to depart.


Portland Headlight in the background.









I loved the sunset!

















No comments:

Post a Comment