Teal

Friday, September 10, 2010

Boats of Boothbay Harbor

Driving down the Boothbay Peninsula, we stopped at Boothbay Harbor - "The Boating Capital of New England!" Even though it was a little late in the season - after Labor day - and somewhat chilly, people could still be found kayaking and canoeing on the water. Antique shops, spas, restaurants and inns packed the streets and over looked the water of this quaint town.



The clouds were looming.
We took a coffee break and found a piece of Philadelphia!

And we took some photos by the boats before heading back the way we came.




   


As we walked to the end of the dock, I think Joe thought I was going to fall in the water. I admit I'm definitely clumsy sometimes, but I was just excited to be out on the water and wanted so badly to canoe even though I was cold. And, though we didn't plan this day well before leaving the inn that morning, our stops made for interesting adventures. 



I Lobster (Love) Maine
Stay tuned for more interesting posts about Maine with loads of beautiful pictures since everyday following this one turned out to be more scenic and more bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment