Teal

Friday, September 10, 2010

The Swinging Bridge

Now, you would think since I walked over the Golden Gate Bridge, a little red bridge in Maine wouldn't bother me at all. Well, quite the contrary! I'm not the biggest fan of things that move and are high above water - maybe it's a slight fear of heights although I always try to overcome the ensuing panic. As you can imagine, a swinging bridge - even though it was restored and re-dedicated (according to the sign) only a handful of years back - still freaked me out a bit. Fear was NOT in Joe's vocabulary and he ventured out onto the bridge before me to enjoy the view while I stood back and snapped some photos!

ANDROSCOGGIN SWINGING BRIDGE







I did step out onto the bridge for a minute or two (I have a scared looking picture to prove it!) until a teenager made it really creak and swing when he rode his bike over the length and swept past us...at that moment, I stepped quickly onto solid ground!
When all was said and done, the "historic bridge" stop was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment