Teal

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lobster Shack

Wow...reliving through this blog even a recent vacation (and attempting to keep the dates accurate) makes it seem so long ago. After walking through the Longfellow House and diving into a piece of written history, we hopped back in the car and took a short drive south to Cape Elizabeth. All I can say is WOW!
I think this was one of the best parts of our trip up until that point - the views from outside the restaurant were FAB! And, the weather was absolutely beautiful - it was just a perfect day.

Featured on the Food Network, the Lobster Shack jets out into the water to mark Casco Bay's entrance. Nestled in between two historic lighthouses, this popular hotspot's line was spilling out of the door when we arrived. And known best for their lobster roll although they offer a variety of food options, the signature Maine food was definitely something we had to try.



When ordering, I forgot to say "hold the dollop of mayo" or simply "hold the mayo," so we scooped the white stuff off shortly after snapping this picture. Below is a close up of the mat, which I of course kept. It describes in detail lobsters, how to catch a lobster (if I ever wanted to try) and how to eat a lobster (information I could have used earlier in the week). Joe and I split the crabmeat sandwich and lobster roll and out of the two, the lobster roll was the better choice. This place holds a spot on my list as a place I would go to again and recommend to anyone - if not for the food, then the view...check it out below.   

Sitting at a picnic table and sharing our choices, we had the chance to enjoy the beautiful view the Lobster Shack's location offered on a gorgeous day! It really is a "place like no other!"

 

 The seating area...as you can tell from the picture below, I was a little nervous to stand on the rocks!

After snapping some great shots of the water, I was super excited to head over to the Portland Headlight Lighthouse. That's next...you can see a glimpse of it in the shot below.



No comments:

Post a Comment